Photo by Nathan Moore
September is road trip season
The weather is finally taking a turn for the better as the California Central Valley heat takes a dip. This marks the perfect time of the year to take a road trip or start planning your next!
Turlock, CA, sits nestled in the heart of California's Central Valley, making it the perfect starting point for a road trip. Visitors and locals alike looking for road trip ideas will find no shortage of destinations within a few hours' drive of Turlock, CA!
4 road trip destinations near Turlock, CA
Here are four must-do road trips out of Turlock:
- Highway 1 to Big Sur - Highway 1 is one of the most iconic roads in California, and the drive from Turlock to Big Sur is one of the most scenic in the state. The route winds along the coast, offering breathtaking views of the Pacific Ocean. Visitors can stop at Pfeiffer Beach for a beach hike or take a detour to Hearst Castle.
- Yosemite National Park - Just a few hours from Turlock, auto repair customers can experience one of America's most beloved national parks. Visitors can explore Yosemite Valley, hike to waterfalls, or take a scenic drive through the park. Travelers should be sure to pack their camping gear for a truly unforgettable experience.
- Lake Tahoe - Lake Tahoe is another popular destination for Californians looking to get away from it all. You can enjoy boating, fishing, swimming, and more.
- Kings Canyon National Park - A hidden gem in the central valley and something you will have to see for yourself to believe! Google some pictures, and you'll thank us later!
How to get your vehicle ready for a road trip
If you're looking for ideas on how to get your vehicle ready for a road trip, Nona's Auto Center has you covered. Here are four tips to help you hit the open road with confidence:
- Have your vehicle serviced: This is one of the most important things you can do to prepare for a road trip. Before setting out, make sure to bring your vehicle in for an oil change and any other routine maintenance that may be due. This will help ensure that your vehicle runs smoothly and minimize the risk of breakdowns.
- Check your tires: Another important step is to inspect them and ensure they are properly inflated and have plenty of tread. This is especially critical if you'll be doing any driving on rough or unpaved roads. Be sure to check your spare tire as well, just in case.
- Pack an emergency kit: It's always a good idea to be prepared for the worst when traveling. Put together a kit that includes items like jumper cables, a flashlight, first-aid supplies, and snacks. That way, if you do run into trouble, you'll be prepared to handle it.
- Plan your route: Before setting out on your journey
If you need help getting your vehicle ready for your road trip, the team at Nona's Auto Center in Turlock, CA, is here to help. We're a full-service auto shop specializing in everything from oil changes to brake repair. Please, visit our website to schedule an appointment with us today. Also, don't forget to add us on Facebook; see you soon!